- Use of the lyrics incorporated within the video
- Use of long shots and wide shots for the locations
- Useful for my narrative
ACT: The Chainsmokers ft Halsey
DIRECTOR: The Chainsmokers
Mise-en-scene + Locations
- Starts with someone looking at polaroid photos of The Chainsmokers
- Has an establishing shot/wide shot of the sea/coast
- Mid shots and some high angle shots of the couple
- Shots of the beach
- Couple are wearing summer clothing
- Some close ups of the couple which goes with the visuals + Lyrics
- Objectification of the female body - actress is wearing a bikini
Editing + Cinematography + Sound
- Music starts straight away
- Lyrics of the song shows up
- Lots of shots of the couple together
- Has the couple taking photos together in a dune
- Lots of bright lighting
- Use of the zoom outs and panning upwards
- Helicopter shot of the couple walking
- The duo don't feature in the video, only as Intertextuality.
- They're singing in the track
Performance, Narrative or Concept?
- This music video is a narrative video based on a couple and their relationship together. There is no performance at all but the lyrics are shown.
Representation + Audience
- Caucasian males, both aged 31 years old. Consists of Alex Pall and Andrew Taggart.
- Audience would be between 16 to 27 years old.
- The Chainsmokers had a No.1 single called '#Selfie' which got millions of views and was trendy in 2014. This helped the duo to become known in the music scene and they started to make more music and have now become more popular.